…but the humidifier’s so delightful!
If you’ve ever lived in a cold/dry climate you certainly know how harsh winter-like weather or dry climates can be on our bodies inside and out.
Whether it be a region that is always cold and dry, or a region that experiences winter seasonally, when that chill hits, you know what to expect.
Many people can experience the following:
- Dry skin
- Chapped Lips
- Increase in fine line & wrinkles
- Dry/scratchy throat
- Dry Hair
- Greater risk of respiratory infections
- Greater risk of illness from viruses
Fortunately, there is a very simple solution to many of the above. No, not magic, but a humidifier. Plain and simple.
Using a humidifier in your home, bedroom, or office is a great way to keep your body in tip top shape when the air gets dry.
As someone who suffered from chronic nosebleeds during the winter, that would last for 10 to 15 minutes at a time, let me tell you, sleeping with a humidifier in my room has been a LIFESAVER.
Using a humidifier during the Winter or in cold and/or dry climates can help to:
- Keep your skin & lips happy and hydrated so they stay radiant and supple,
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles — no need to spend money on expensive creams & serums!
- Prevent weather induced breakouts because your skin doesn’t dry out and then overproduce oil to compensate (over production of oil contributes to breakouts.)
- Keep your throat hydrated nixing that dry scratchy feeling caused by dry air
- Hydrate your lovely locks.
- Keep your nasal passage moist so nosebleeds will be dramatically reduced, if not sopped altogether
- Help protect you from respiratory infections. Your lungs and nasal passage work best when they are lubricated. In a more humid environment, the tiny hairs in your lungs and nose can do a better job of fending off respiratory illnesses.
- Offer some protection against certain viruses. For viruses that thrive in cold dry air, warmer/humid environments are not a place these nasty germs can survive thus, reducing your chance of infection.
Sooo, what are you waiting for??? Go out and treat yourself to a humidifier!! You’ll thank me! 🙂