We absolutely love cranberries, not only because they are delicious and a holiday favorite, but because they a powerhouse food!
With Thanksgiving around the corner, you’ve got to stay tuned for the awesome recipes coming up! In the meantime, check out why these tart little berries are just so magnificent for our health!
10 Health Benefits of Cranberries
NOTE: It is best to consume cranberries with minimal processing and little to no sugar in order to receive the health benefits.
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Protects cells from damage
- Protects our bodies from heart disease
- Anti-aging benefits
- Can help with acne, eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions
- Can increase metabolism & improve digestion which can aid weight loss
- Keeps your immune system strong
- Can help fight urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Can prevent kidney stones
- Fights plaque buildup on teeth and helps with cavity prevention
- Can help prevent stomach ulcers as well as stomach cancer
- Can lower bad cholesterol levels (HDL) while raising good cholesterol levels (LDL)
- Preliminary research shows cranberries can prevent tumor formation & growth
- Helps to improve brain function, memory, and mood.
- Good for eye health
- Can prevent and treat yeast infections in men and women
After that list of health benefits, who wouldn’t want more cranberries in their life?