A few months ago I experimented with a coffee ground face mask and… I LOVED IT! The mask was invigorating, exfoliating, and smelled delicious! (If you love the smell of coffee, that is!). Since our featured ingredient for this month is coffee, what’s better than sharing this amazing Exfoliating Coffee Face Mask?
Some of the incredible benefits of topical application of caffeinated coffee to skin:
- UV Protection from sun rays that may cause skin cancer
- Full of antioxidants that fight the free radicals in skin cells
- Works as a vasoconstrictor (constricts blood cells) which firms and tightens complexion
- Diminish dark under eye circles, reduces blood buildup under eyes
- Reduces redness/inflammation of skin
- Exfoliate dead skin cells
- Anti-aging properties
- Tightens fines lines (may reduce appearance of cellulite) by moving fluid out of cells
- Anti-carcinogenic benefits
To make the Exfoliating Coffee Face Mask you’ll need:
- Raw Honey
Mix the coffee grounds, milk, and honey until a thick paste forms. I didn’t exactly measure the ingredients, but added enough of each until it reached the desired consistency. Apply the coffee paste to a freshly washed face and allow to sit for however long you desire (20 minutes or so should be enough time). I left mine on for about 2 hours (I am easily distracted, plus I forgot I had the mask on!). Then, simply rinse the mask off with cool waterand pat skin dry. The mask rinses off very easily and does not leave any brown discoloration, but you may smell a bit like coffee!
I loved the results I had with this mask. My skin instantly looked and felt refreshed and calm. I did not experience any irritation whatsoever. I can’t wait to add this mask into my weekly routine!
What do you guys think? Do you love the Exfoliating Coffee Face Mask? Comment below!
Peace, love & coconuts!