Cinnamon has a long history of use, not only as a spice, but as a medicine,where the medicinal properties are actually derived from the oil in the cinnamon bark. Needless to say, there’s more than meets the eye with this warm and flavorful spice; much more. Read on for 12 surprising benefits of cinnamon.
Benefits of Cinnamon:
- Anti-clotting properties: Can be helpful to those with heart disease
- Can potentially regulate blood sugar: by slowing the rate at which contents leave the stomach.
- Some studies show it may help type 2 diabetics respond better to insulin.
- Boost brain fiction merely by smelling the spice.
- Improve your colon and heart health
- Increase circulation & metabolism
- May help fight cancer cell growth
- Shown to alleviate PMS (including cramping/pain)
- Can reduce arthritis pain
- May reduce cholesterol
It doesn’t stop there however, cinnamon is a great source of manganese and a good source of fiber and calcium. I don’t know about you but cinnamon’s spice factor just went up about 10 notches! 😀