I’m always picking up new hair products from natural beauty stores. I think..no, I KNOW I have a problem, but I don’t care! 🙂
My most recent purchase was Dessert Essence Coconut Soft Curls Hair Cream. Two things that sold me on trying this product:
- Coconut! I love anything coconut so I jumped when I saw it contained coconut oil as well as coconut extract.
- Curls! My eyes are constantly peeled for products dedicated to curly hair. I like to wear my hair in so many different ways (poofy, fluffy & soft, well-defined & elongated, etc.) and my search for new and better ways to care for my curls is endless.
- Starting with wet hair, I blotted out excess water so it wasn’t dripping, but was still wet.
- Then, I ran a strawberry sized glob through my hair, going back and using a little more for the thicker sections of my hair, you may need a little more or less depending on the volume/thickness of your hair.
- I let my hair dry naturally and fluffed my fingers through my curls when it was dry!
…and POOF!! Your result is fluffy & voluminous, yet defined curls that are touch-ably soft with a coconutty scent!
- The bottle is small, at only 6.4 fl oz, but surprisingly, a little goes a long way so you don’t need to go too crazy, and take it from me who goes through a bottle of conditioner in a week & a half, by myself!
- Retails for $9.99
- A yummy coconut fragrance!
- Color is a coconut white
- Texture feels greasy upon application but this goes away as soon as it’s dry, leaving no greasy residue!
- Once dry, your hair feels like you put nothing in it at all!
- Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut Oil), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Avena Strigosa Seed Extract (Black Oat), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Agave Rigida (Sisal) Extract, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Opuntia Vulgaris Extract (Nopal Cactus), Yucca Schidigera Root Extract (Yucca Cactus), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Yucca Schidigera Leaf/Root/ Stem Extract (Yucca Cactus), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glyceryl Caprylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lecithin (Soybeans), Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide
Try it out, then come back and tell me what you think!