Lemons are one of my favorite fruits. They have a unqiue flavor and can add pizazz to just about any recipe! I love lemons for everything from skin care to cooking to treating colds. Check out my list below for 20 ways you can use the lovely lemon!
1. Lemons are chalk full of Vitamin C which helps prevent and reduce the common cold. Try adding a lemon to your smoothie or mixing up a refreshing glass of water and lemon. Plus, you’ll get a burst of energy!
2. The acid in lemons does an amazing job of exfoliating dry areas like your face or elbows. It also helps to brighten your complexion!
3. Consuming lemons boosts the immune system by providing the body with a good amount of Vitamin C.
4. The pectin in lemons aides in weight loss by helping to stabilize the insulin levels and keep the body feeling full.
5. The healing properties in lemon juice helps to treat and heal acne. Try rubbing a small amount of the juice over your spots for calmer skin in the morning.
6. Treat your feet to a relaxing home pedicure! The acids in the lemons help remove the dead skin from your heels while softening your feet. Add the juice of a whole lemon to your footbath. Rub the excess lemon on your heels and between your toes!
7. Heal that annoying itch from those pestering insect bites by rubbing a wedge of one lemon on the bite! The lemon’s acids help reduce the need to scratch, scratch, scratch!
8. Adding lemons to homemade body scrubs is an excellent treat! Mix the juice of one lemon with sugar and honey for a nighttime body exfoliator that will melt the stress away.
9. Try drinking lemon juice to aid the liver in flushing out harmful toxins.
10. The antibacterial properties and refreshing scent in lemons make it a fantastic household cleaner! Simply mix the juice of one lemon with white vinegar and water. This mixture is non-toxic and great for cleaning household surfaces, chemical-free!
11. The cleansing properties of lemons make it a great remover of hair buildup! Mix a few drops of lemon juice with fresh water. Apply the mixture to a freshly washed scalp to remove product buildup.
12. Lighten acne scars and even your skin tone by rubbing half of lemon on your skin.
13. Spice up your traditional fish recipe by adding a few lemons! The powerful flavor in lemons really adds a nice kick. Bake your favorite kind of fish drizzled in lemon juice with a few shakes of sea salt and black pepper.
14. Boost your electrolyte levels by adding a few lemons to your favorite veggie and fruit smoothie recipe.
15. Soothe a sore throat by sipping on warm lemon water with a few drops of honey. The antibacterial properties in both the lemon and honey help cleanse and soothe the throat.
16. Make a homemade cuticle remover by rubbing a wedge of one lemon across your nails. The juice will gradually remove the dry skin around the cuticle leaving you with fresh, soft hands.
17. Much like ACV, lemon juice can add the shine back to dry, dull hair. Add the juice of one lemon to fresh spring water. Pour the mix over hair for fresh smelling, shiny hair.
18. Freshen breath by eating a lemon wedge! Be careful to not do this too much since the acidity of lemon can wear down tooth enamel.
19. The Vitamin C and Limonoids in lemons are great for preventing cancer.
20. Restore the body’s natural pH by consuming lemons. A proper acid-alkaline balance in the body keeps the body functioning correctly while preventing headaches, fatigue, and even osteoporosis.
I’d love to hear how you use lemons! Comment below!
Peace, love & coconuts!
*These tips are not meant as a cure. Please consult your doctor to find the best treatment for you and your needs.