If there was ever an award for best fat burning, fitness testing, endurance & strength building move, this would be it. The burpee in my eyes is an all around amazing move. It does it all, ladies and gentleman and that is why it has earned the spot as Brown and Coconut’s ‘Move-of-the-Month’.
Here are a few reasons we LOVE burpees!:
- Burns fat better than traditional strength training exercises
- Increases your metabolism
- They are a great test of your fitness level
- They continue to burn calories long after your workout
- Burpees are an amazing conditioning workout
- It is a total body toner, working your arms, back, core, hamstrings, & quads
- The move is not complex so its easy to execute
- No equipment is required
- This move can be done anywhere (indoor or outdoors), all you need is some floor or ground space
- Burpees are easy to modify for any fitness level
What do ya say?? Give this move a shot! A beginner burpee-er? Test your fitness level and see how many burpees you can do in 1 minute and then try to beat that number for your next workout. Already mastered the burpee? Intensify this move by adding push-ups in the middle of the burpee, strapping on some ankle weights, or jogging/sprinting between sets!
Check out this great instructional video on How to Do a Burpee
Good Luck! 😉
Enjoyed reading this? Share our post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+…(you get where I’m going with this…)
Thank you for your support!