It’s official. I have a new, favorite face mask! While making coffee, I decided to make use of the coffee grounds that we typically trash after making a fresh brew. When applied topically, caffeinated coffee has so many amazing health benefits for our skin.
Some of the incredible benefits of topical application of caffeinated coffee to skin:
- UV Protection from sun rays that may cause skin cancer
- Full of antioxidants that fight the free radicals in skin cells
- Works as a vasoconstrictor (constricts blood cells) which firms and tightens complexion
- Diminish dark under eye circles, reduces blood buildup under eyes
- Reduces redness/inflammation of skin
- Exfoliate dead skin cells
- Anti-aging properties
- Tightens fines lines (may reduce appearance of cellulite) by moving fluid out of cells
- Anti-carcinogenic benefits
To make this amazing coffee face mask you’ll need 3 simple ingredients:
Mix the coffee grounds, milk, and honey until a thick paste forms. I didn’t exactly measure the ingredients but added enough of each until it reached the desired consistency. Apply the coffee paste to a freshly washed face and allow to sit for however long you desire (20 minutes or so should be enough time). I left mine on for about 2 hours (I am easily distracted, plus I forgot I had the mask on!). Then, simply rinse the mask off with cool water and pat skin dry. The mask rinses off very easily and does not leave any brown discoloration, but you may smell a bit like coffee!
I loved the results I had with this mask. My skin instantly looked and felt refreshed and calm. I did not experience any irritation whatsoever. I can’t wait to add this mask to my weekly routine!
Peace, Love & Coconuts (& Coffee)