In the spirit of things, Brown & Coconut wanted to share the top 10 reasons love is good for your health. Love can be found in many places: with family, friends, a partner, and even a pet and expressing your love is equally as important as feeling love and affection from others.
But, without further ado, here are the top 10 reasons love is good for your health:
- Reduced risk for certain diseases (like Alzheimer’s, and certain cancers)
- Lower levels of stress
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Decreases risk of depression
- Gives your immune system a boost
- Love making burns calories to keep you fit (hey, just saying… 🙂 )
- Reduces your sensitivity to physical pain.
- Longer life span (this is likely the product of all of the benefits that loves brings, including stronger immune system, fewer diseases, and lower stress levels.)
- Love makes you happy and overall, that’s a very healthy mental state to be in. A healthy mind often translates into a healthy body!
What’s interesting is that all of these benefits are interrelated. You can’t seem to have one without the other — you have a better immune system so you have fewer diseases. You are less stressed, which is what makes your immune system better, you are happier, which makes you less stressed and less depressed…and around and around we go.
It’s important to note that these are benefits of pure and true love, not negative personal relationships that you might share with family, friends, a significant other, etc. In our opinion, you shouldn’t keep those types of relationship or people in your life because they are only damaging your health.
With that being said, go kiss, hug, cuddle up, make love, or spend quality time with your loved ones today. — your body with thank you. 🙂
Happy Valentines Day Coconuts!
Peace, Love….Hugs…Kisses…Cuddles,…oh, and COCONUTS!!