Oh, coconut oil, how I love you! Coconut oil is one of my favorite oils because it has so many uses. It is good for us internally AND externally. When applied topically, coconut oil fights skin conditions like psoriasis and dermatitis, moisturizes hair and skin, and treats wrinkles and dandruff (just to name a few!) Let’s not forget to mention that coconut oil is full of fabulous antimicrobial/antibacterial properties. 🙂
Here are 6 fabulous ways you can incorporate coconut oil into your beauty regimen:
1. Shaving Oil– Coconut oil leaves your legs baby smooth after shaving! It moisturizes and hydrates the skin so you don’t have to worry about dry or irritated skin! Simply take a quarter size amount, rub onto your legs and shave away!
2. Deep Conditioner– Coconut oil has amazing conditioning capabilities because of its ability to penetrate the hair shaft and deeply moisturize the hair. Not only will your hair be silky smooth but shiny too! To deep condition hair, massage coconut oil into the hair and onto the scalp. Leave on for any desired amount of time (30 mins to 24 hours!). Then, simply shampoo and condition hair.
3. Body Lotion– Coconut oil works wonders as a body moisturizer because it nourishes and hydrates the skin (better than most lotions). A little goes a long way but you’ll be left with hydrated skin all day long. Plus, who doesn’t want to smell like tropical coconuts??
4. Body Scrub– For polished, radiant, glowing, moisturized skin, mix up a batch of coconut oil and sugar. This mixture will exfoliate dead skin cells and leave you with fabulous looking skin!
5. Makeup Remover– Coconut will make removing eye makeup a breeze! It glides on smooth, removes the makeup, and won’t leave your delicate eye area dry or irritated. To use, simply apply a small amount of coconut oil onto a cotton ball. Swipe the cotton ball over the makeup and wallah!
6. Foot Softener– Keeping our feet smooth and soft can be tough since its sandal season. For smooth feet, layer on some coconut oil and throw on a pair of socks. After a few hours of wear your feet will feel like you just left the spa.
Coconut Oil is an amazing ingredient to have on hand at all times! It is incredibly versatile and can be used in nearly every aspect of your beauty regimen.
How do you lovely people use coconut oil? Comment below! 🙂
Peace, love & coconuts!