The avocado: a delicious, creamy, nutrient dense, vitamin powerhouse fruit.
Avocados have extraordinary benefits for your skin, body, and overall health! They not only provide an amazing amount of nutrients but astonishing capabilities for preventing illnesses like heart disease and cancer. Let’s not forget to mention the wonderful anti-inflammatory properties.
Avocados are full of monosaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats (the good fat!). Poly & Monosaturated fats are great for bringing down “bad” cholesterol levels, and bringing up the “good” cholesterol levels.
Avocados are a great source of both soluble fiber (controls appetite) and insoluble fiber (increases bowel movements). Both sources of fiber are great for regulating your digestive system.
Avocados are full of all sorts of beneficial vitamins:
- Vitamin A-Maintains healthy skin, bones, teeth, aids in tissue repair
- Vitamin C-Helps produce and maintain collagen (needed for healthy skin/bones)
- Vitamin D-Helps with the absorptions of Calcium, needed to build/maintain strong bones
- Vitamin E- Antioxidant, destroys free radicals
- Vitamin K- Helps control blood clotting
Avocados are full of carotenoids (like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and lutein). Cartenoids are what gives fruits and veges their colorful pigments. Cartenoids, aka Antioxidants enhance your immune system, protect against cancer, heart disease, vision loss, and protects your cells from free radical damage.
Avocados can benefit you in so many ways, both internally AND externally! So, go ahead and enjoy a delicious avocado!
Peace, love, & coconuts!