was successfully added to your cart.

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is an amazing thing. With so many uses for this product, both internally, externally, and in our homes, it’s obvious why we love ACV. You can learn more about Apple Cider Vinegar by clicking here.

One way to use ACV is for your skin! ACV has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties. Therefore, it makes it great for helping to keep you skin clear and healthy.

As I have mentioned in previous posts regarding my sensitive and acne prone skin, I use ACV has an acne treatment, skin detoxifier, and inflammation reducer.

How to use it?

Simply use ACV as a toner. That’s it! A toner is simply a solution (generally in liquid form) that is meant remove excess dirt and bacteria and benefit skin (depending on skin issue). For example for a person with red, irritated skin might want to use a toner (alcohol free) that contains chamomile and rose water to calm the complexion. My recipe ACV toner is super simple!

photo-33

Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

• ¼ cup distilled water
  • ¼ cup organic unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar

Simply combine the water and apple cider vinegar and put into any small bottle. Apply toner to cotton ball and wipe over entire face (except lips, and don’t get too close to eyes.)

I like to put mine into a mini spray bottle that I got from the drugstore, so I can spray onto a cotton pad or directly to my face and back. I only apply this toner at night because you will smell slightly like vinegar, so it may be best to just stay home when you apply.

ACV has helped so much with breakouts, and made my pores smaller, while giving my complexion an overall cleaner appearance.

It is also worthy to note that I find much better results using the unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar. Many medicinal properties of ACV can be reduced or destroyed by processing (i.e. becoming white vinegar or clear brown apple cider vinegar.) Be sure to look for a bottle that says “unpasteurized” and refrigerate if necessary.

– Nalani

Join the discussion 9 Comments

• Faria says:

Going to try this!

• Thanks for the informative post! I never thought of using apple cider vinegar as toner.

• Brown & Coconut says:

Thank you for your comment! We cherish the day we discovered apple cider vinegar for our skin! There are so many ways to use this amazing ingredient! Let us know how apple cider vinegar works for your skin! P.S. You have a lovely blog!

• GOODNews says:

Thank you for posting this! It has made a dramatic difference in my acne scarring. I use it at night after I cleanse and exfoliate. I swapped this in place of my scarring medication after months of seeing no results. I do the same routine in the moring but I use lemon juice instead and follow up with an SPF. Hopefully I’ve found my holy grail and can remain all natural! Thank you Nalani!

• Brown & Coconut says:

I’m so glad this works for you! It’s exciting when we finally find something after going so long without progress, isn’t it?? 🙂 Please keep us posted on how it is going for you!!

• Lauren says:

Hi! Just found y’all through Pinterest. I wash my face at night with coconut and sweet almond oil to help with my acne and keep my face moisturized. I want to try this apple cider vinegar toner but I’m worried it will strip the oils off my face.

• Brown & Coconut says:

Hi Lauren! Great question! To avoid dry skin when using apple cider vinegar toner, be sure to dilute the vinegar. If your skin is especially prone to dryness, start with 1/3 acv to 2/3 water. If this is too drying, try even less acv. Like with any toner, be sure you moisturize very well afterward. Let us know how this works!