Give your skin a TREAT! Mix up a turmeric face mask at home to beat acne, breakouts, inflammation, wrinkles, dark spots, and dull/dry skin!
- Mix ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric & 1½ teaspoons orange juice, then apply to clean, dry, face.
- Leave on for 20 minutes or so, then rinse.
- For extra exfoliation, take a dark colored wash cloth (so that it won’t be stained by the turmeric) and gently scrub the mask into your face as you rinse. Ground turmeric has a grainy texture so this will aid in exfoliation.
Give yourself a turmeric mask 1-3 times a week!
- Wear gloves when applying the mask.
- Turmeric will stain! Be careful with your clothing and your sink (if it is white or a light color)
- Your face WILL be yellow after you rinse the mask off. DON’T WORRY this goes away after a second wash, but I prefer not to double wash my face (too over-drying) so I usually apply my turmeric mask at night so after I wash it off I can rock my yellow face in bed! I like to think that leftover yellow tinge is working even more magic while I sleep! When I wake up and wash my face again, I’m good to go!
- DO NOT get turmeric mix on your hair or eyebrows! AVOID eye area altogether.
- Water, milk, lemon juice, or water with a splash of vinegar may be used in place of orange juice if preferred. Lemon juice, orange juice and the vinegar mixture will all be slightly more exfoliating. Milk will be a more gentle exfoliation and water is great to use if your skin dries out easily or is sensitive.
What are you waiting for?? Get glowing! Try out this mask then come back and tell me what you think!